Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

WTF?!

The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it.
~ Mark Twain
- - - - -
You may already know that I do not understand some of the holiday ornaments I see in stores.  I don't understand how they connect to any of the religious or lay traditions related to the end of a year or the beginning of the next year.

I am able to understand things like, "Uncle Dan lives in San Diego, so let's get him a San Diego holiday ornament."  Wait.  No, I don't really understand that.  It seems like you just don't know Uncle Dan very well if that's what you come up with to give him as a gift.  But at least I understand there is a CONNECTION there.

This ornament, though.  WTF? 

Product Developer:  Mr. Ornamentbusinesskingpin?  I have an idea.  What about an ornament for all those families out there who can't agree about which cereal to get?

Mr. Ornamentbusinesskingpin:  Sounds great, Phil.  Sounds just great.  Get on that.  Oh and Phil, let's make sure there's plenty of glitter on that ornament, okay?

Product Developer whose name we just learned is Phil:  You bet, sir!

Yeah.  So some things I just do not understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment