Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2018

Awesome

Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. 
Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty 
never grows old.
~ Franz Kafka
- - - - -

Zak is an amazing little kid whose birthday is today. I hope it is a wonderful birthday and he enjoys every minute of it. I hope he has adventures and there is learning and fun and excitement. I hope there are no diaper blow-outs, but that there are candle blow-outs. I hope there are no meltdowns, but maybe the ice cream will melt down onto his cake and be delicious. I hope that he gets toys he wants and is with people he loves.

I hope the only thing missing from his birthday is me. I won't be there. I know he will be sad about that. But you're three now, Zak. You have to grow up and toughen up and know that you won't always get everything you want. 

(pause)

Maybe if I got in my car right now I could make it there before his birthday is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment