Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Spider

Every kid has a bug period. I never grew out of mine.
~ E. O. Wilson
- - - - -

This has been a rough week for me regarding bugs. Six days ago I spent part of the day clearing away some giant spider webs in the bushes outside our front door. Then on Tuesday I walked through a new web a spider built right across the front door when I went to get the mail. 

The next day, a creepy, weird, gross bug crawled up my leg and freaked me out, so I stomped on it a bunch of times to make sure it was dead. Thursday I stepped on a dead Palmetto bug in my bare feet. Then Friday I was clearing leaves in the yard and apparently disrupted a yellow jacket nest and got stung on my ankle and left index finger. I know there are more yellow jackets and I learned that they are complete assholes (pardon my language, but that is the nicest word for those things), but at least I think I killed the one that stung me.

(pause)

Okay, in retrospect it has been a much rougher week for the bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment