Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2018

Waterfalls

Just let go and fall - like a little waterfall.
~ Bob Ross
- - - - -

It's no wonder to me that Bob Ross has made a sort of comeback. While he died in 1995, he has something to offer that is timeless. His show was literally watching paint dry. His voice was soothing and calming. His attitude toward art was sort of - put it on the canvas and see what happens. It will be fine.

He's the antithesis of so many of the messages today. Slow down. Let things happen. Let things be. It's okay.

His art and his approach aren't really of the past, though. The way he did his work defines any era. 

If I were a painter, and if I were going to try and paint in the Bob Ross style, I think I might try to paint "happy little car accidents."

No comments:

Post a Comment