Search This Blog

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Creativity

(art by Andy Magee)
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
~ Joseph Chilton Pearce
- - - - -

I write my blog posts when the spirit hits me.  I have found that I can't just sit down and blog on a whim.  I can try, but if I'm not in the right mood, I won't come up with much.  But when I AM in the mood, I can fly through and write a lot of blogs all at once.  

In my haste, however, I find that I sometimes make errors.  I don't always catch them until after the blog is posted.  When I notice them, I go back and correct them.  I'm sure there are some I have missed.  I'd rather have errors and get caught up in the wave of creativity than never make a mistake and not know the feeling of riding ideas and inspiration.

Basically, my blog entries examined individually are something less than the set of entries as a whole.  Each piece can be dissected and examined, but I think you miss some of its meaning if you look at it in isolation from the other entries.  Mistakes happen and mistakes make contribution.  They aren't necessarily bad things.  Well, except maybe in a dissertation. Then you need to fix those suckers!

But I digress...

So, if you encounter a blog entry with an error, either it is a good entry or there is a good one coming.  Okay?  And if you encounter a blog entry with no errors, it is a good entry or there is a good one coming.  Okay?



No comments:

Post a Comment