Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Trespassing

He, who can not forgive a trespass of malice to his enemy,
has never yet tasted the most sublime enjoyment of love.
~ Johann Kaspar Lavater
- - - - -
 
I will admit that when I see a "No Trespassing" sign, I usually want to go there.  Wherever I'm not supposed to be.  I want to know why they want to keep me out.  What is there?  What is it that you don't want people to see or step on or fall into?
 
My completely untested theory is that this might be true for a lot of people.  I wonder if we put up more "No Trespassing" signs on schools if kids might like to go there more.  But then, what are we ACTUALLY teaching them?
 
Think before you post.  Before you post "No Trespassing" signs.
 
Also, the kids would probably vandalize the sign by blocking out the letters "No Tresp   ing."  'Cause kids are like that.  And so are adults.


No comments:

Post a Comment