Search This Blog

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Water

I love the sounds and the power of pounding water, 
whether it is the waves or a waterfall.
~ Mike May
- - - - -

I love water.  The ocean.  Niagara Falls.  Creeks - even cricks.

Lots of people have written lots of things about the water.  I don't know if I have a ton to add to what has already been said.  I suppose that every time we see water ourselves we experience it in our own ways for the first time (or second or thousandth time).  We all have new eyes when we see something for the first time.  Even something seen before by lots of other people.

I like the motion and the secrecy and quiet and noise and the calm and the action and the strength of water.  Most any kind of water.

Well, actually, know what I don't love?  Stagnant water that has been sitting in an unused Super Soaker squirt gun for a few weeks or months.  I don't love that at all.  Especially when it is squirted on me.  I pretty much unlike that.

"Did that ever really happen to you?" you might ask.

Yes.  Yes, it did.