Search This Blog

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Truck

Always remember the last words of my grandfather who said, "A truck!"
~ Emo Phillips 
- - - - -
 
This truck looks a lot like the one my grandpa had.  I used to play in it.  I used to pretend I was driving away.  Not sure where I was driving TO, just that I was driving AWAY FROM where I was.  I don't remember particularly wanting to leave the farm where the truck was.  I think it was just sort of an imaginary adventure where I would drive away and go somewhere new and then keep driving.
 
Unless I heard Erik and my cousin Tamara coming.  In that case, I would get down on the floor and hide from them.  I sure did like hiding from them.  I liked it more if they were looking for me, but even if they weren't, I liked to hide.  And it was actually easier to hide from them if they weren't looking for me. 
 
It's easy to hide from people who aren't trying to find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment