Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Laundry

It's better to have loved and lost than to have to do forty pounds of laundry a week.
~ Dr. Laurence J. Peters
- - - - -

I love laundromats. I don't go very often now, but there were times when I have frequented them. I like them because they smell clean (mostly). I like them because you can go and be with people without really having to interact with them. I like them because they are real life. I like them because it's easy to eavesdrop without looking creepy (even if eavesdropping still makes you creepy).

I like real life. I like to hear how people navigate their lives and their dramas (petty or major). I like to get a tiny snapshot of who they are and then imagine what the rest of their lives look like. It's kind of like reality TV only not on TV. It's kind of like...  reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment