Search This Blog

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Language

Fatigue is the best pillow.
~ Ben Franklin
- - - - -

Leslie: You're a slugabed.

Me: (pause). That's not a thing.

Leslie: It is. It's a word. It's in the dictionary.

Me: (pause) It's not a word. It's not in the dictionary.

Leslie: It's a word. I've heard it before.

Me: You've heard it before because you said it out loud. That's where you heard it.

Leslie: It's a word.

Me: (annoyed and looking at my phone) It's not a word. You made -- (silence)

Leslie: (smiling)

Me: It's a word.

Leslie: That's what I said.

Me: (staring at phone) How did you do that?

Leslie: Do what?

Me: (showing her the definition for "slugabed" on my phone). How did you work the internet to post that word everywhere like it's a real word?

Leslie: I know words and what they mean.

Me: And it's not a very nice word to call someone. "A lazy person who stays in bed late." 

Leslie: I know words and what they mean.


No comments:

Post a Comment