Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Lily

He had the appeal of a very young dog of a very large breed -- a kind of amiable absurdity.
~ Dorothy L. Sayers
- - - - - 
A year ago today I started a blog for Lily that I didn't keep up with. I have a few entries, but then I just started writing about her here. Anyway, here is what the first post was.:


July 24, 2020:

What. The. Heck? So, I was born on May 30th. I am not even two months years old yet. Up until yesterday, I hung out with my 12 siblings. Ate, slept, wandered around, slept, and also slept a lot. I was out in the country near Starr, SC. That's what I thought my life would be. Playing and sleeping.

Nope.

Yesterday these two strangers came and got me. One of them said, "That one" immediately and pointed at me. The other one said, "You're the dog expert."

Then I got a shot. The guy who had been feeding me gave them a paper and I went for a ride. Now I am being held captive in this house in town. I don't mind it. So far. I was nervous at first. And there are still things that concern me - sounds, smells, etc.

They played with me and then I took my morning nap. Then I peed on their floor. I guess that isn't their preference because they keep taking me out by a tree to do that now. I did pee on their floor again last night, but that's on them. They didn't take me to the tree. At least it was the same floor as where I peed earlier.

I had to sit in the car in the afternoon for a while, so that's where I took my next nap. They were picking up food and a crate and some toys for me, so I figured sleeping nicely was the least I could do.

They gave me a bath in the kitchen sink. That sucked. Pardon my language. I did not like it at all. Then I took my next nap.

Then I got to eat and I LOVE FOOD. Have you ever had it? Food is SO GOOD.

Then I took a nap behind a chair while they ate. Then I met "The Amazons" on Zoom.

I played with a ball and a blue thing called a... I don't remember but it's a thing I like. And I played with a little Kong which I liked.

Somewhere in there I pooped (outside) napped some more, chewed on a towel, barked in my sleep, and did some other things.

While I was having my pre-bedtime nap, the two weirdos put together my crate. They woke me up a few times saying bad words. I think they had to break part of my crate to get it to work, but it works. I don't hate it, but I was more than a little annoyed that after I took my next nap and woke up at 2 a.m., all that happened was that I was taken outside to pee (which I did) and then put back in the crate and expected to go to sleep.

Don't they know that after sleep and pee/poop comes playtime? Apparently not. They also got it wrong at 4 a.m.

Wake up
Whine
Pee / poop
Play

It's not complicated. They just keep forgetting the Play part.

All in all a strange day, but not a bad day.

Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment