Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Old

Old houses, I thought, do not belong to people ever, not really. People belong to them.
~ Gladys Taber
- - - - -

I was listening to the radio the other day. It was a storytelling show. The woman said she liked spending time with elders - at church, at events, or even sitting next to her husband.


Okay, she actually said something like "sitting next to my husband's mother at the park," but I thought she was going to stop after she said "sitting next to my husband."

I wish she had done that. I don't know her husband, but if he's a good guy he would think it was funny. And if her husband doesn't have a sense of humor, he deserves to be mocked. I find that if you mock people who don't have sense of humor it helps them get a sense of humor.

Try it. Seriously.

Then let me know how it goes so I can have another blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment