Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2022

Idea

When I'm not writing I feel an awareness that something's missing. If I go a long time, it becomes worse. I become depressed. There's something vital that's not happening. A certain slow damage starts to occur. I can coast along awhile without it, but then my limbs go numb. Something bad is happening to me, and I know it. The longer I wait, the harder it is to start again.

When I'm writing, especially if it's going well, I'm living in two different dimensions: this life I'm living now, which I enjoy very much, and this completely other world I'm inhabiting that no one else knows about.

~ Jennifer Egan
- - - - - 

Somewhere in the very back of our minds, we all inhabit a world no one else knows about. Except that I have this lingering fear that everyone else in the world is mindreader except me. If so, you might want to stay out of the very back part of my mind, everyone. 

Trust me.


No comments:

Post a Comment