Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Birthday

Today is the oldest you have been and the youngest you will ever be.
~ Nicky Gumbel

- - - - -

I see people post, "Happy Heavenly Birthday" on social media. For a long time I thought that meant happy anniversary of the day you went to Heaven (i.e., happy anniversary of your death). And I used to think, "I can't even remember the dates for when people were born, there's no way I can remember the date of the day they died."

Now I realize that "Heavenly Birthday" is just that it's their birthday, but they are not alive.

I want people to do what they need to do to honor the memories of those who went before them. That said, there are a lot of things that some of you all do that I really don't understand at all. 

But.. happy birthday if it's your birthday.



Wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment