Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Conflicting

True genius resides in the capacity for evaluation of uncertain, hazardous, and conflicting information. 
~ Winston Churchill
- - - - -

I know some people who say they enjoy conflict. I used to present on conflict, and I would always say that conflict is good because it means people care about something.

Unfortunately, I know some people who willingly or excitedly engage in conflict in order to call people out instead of inviting people in. They seek to shame rather than seeking to love. I think maybe they see this as strength or are focused on being right rather than doing right.

I don't enjoy conflict. I enjoy "proflict".

(pause)

Wait. That's not right... It's proverbs! I enjoy proverbs. Like, "Don't argue with people who argue for the sake of arguing."

It's not a common proverb, but I like uncommon proverbs. Probably because I'm an uncommon person.

No comments:

Post a Comment