Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Goodness

Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people. 
~ Roy T. Bennett
- - - - -

I have a friend from high school. Well more than one, but I'm just talking about one specific person here. We weren't very close when we were in school, but we have connected on social media. 

Anyway she is one of the nicest people (at least on social media) that I know. She puts out positive vibes and goodness into the world. She is always posting positive thoughts and highlights from her day based on beautiful things that she takes the time to notice and appreciate and share with others.

We are a lot alike because I notice and comment on things, too. I'm not always as nice, but sometimes I try to be. And sometimes I don't try to be.

Anyway, I hope what I share brings people a little bit of laughter. But what she shares brings me a lot of gratitude. I'm so glad there are some kind people in the world to balance out the ones who are less kind. 

Kind people are my kind of people. 

And maybe I can try a little harder to be their kind of people, too.

(pause)

Maybe not, though. I'm pretty busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment