Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2024

Looking

I have a theory that where you look, you go.
~ Linda Hernandez
- - - - -

Linda said this to me (and several million other of our friends) during the recent summer Olympics. She was talking about diving. I like that theory and, while I enjoy watching diving (though I'm no expert), I believe it is true in life, as well.

The thing is, too often we spend time looking at what (where, whom) we want to avoid. As a result we end up headed toward those things and giving them a lot of our attention and time.

When we do that we have to look in the direction we really want to head. We can pause, refocus, and then move toward our goals.

In some cases we might even pause, flip off that person/place/thing, and then refocus and move toward our goals. 

It just depends.

No comments:

Post a Comment