Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2026

Sharing

(photo from internet posted by Janet Beadle - Abbie's mom. Thanks for inspiring this blog entry.)

It ain't no fun if the homies can't have none.
~ Snoop Dogg
- - - - -

When I was in maybe 10th or 11th grade, we had Mr. Hakeman for Sociology (and I think another course, I forget what it was). Anyway, he had a rule in his class. No gum. And if you got caught with gum, then you had to bring in gum the next class to share with everyone.

Carmella Kennedy got caught chewing gum one day. Mr. Hakeman told her to bring in gum to share with everyone in the next class. She brought in a package of these tiny size chiclets. I am not sure I ever had more respect for a classmate in my life. And I was jealous that I hadn't gotten caught chewing gum and done this same thing.

I don't know where she is now, but all respect to Carmella. This is probably one of many things that inspired me to appreciate people who violate the rules - without causing permanent damage to anything or hurting anyone.

People are the best sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment