Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Walk



Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.

~ Buddha


-----


Ripley knows several words - out, food, NO, bad dog, go, sit, down, stay, speak... But his favorite word is definitely WALK. He, like probably most dogs, is a creature of habit and could go on the same walk every day for the rest of his life and be quite satisfied with it. Checking out who has been there, peed there, is currently there -- these are rewarding things for him.


I wish I could find so much satisfaction walking in my neighborhood. However, if I consistently discovered that my neighbors were peeing on my tree or in my yard, I would be very displeased.

No comments:

Post a Comment