Search This Blog

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pretty

Just because someone's pretty doesn't mean she's decent.  Or vice versa.  I'm not into appearances.  I like flaws, I think they make things interesting.
~ Sarah Dessen
- - - - -

A year ago about now I was on the water in Utah.  I would go to sleep every night under the starriest sky I have ever seen.  My goal was to see at least three shooting (or falling) stars each night before I went to sleep.  Other than the last night or so when it rained / was cloudy, I achieved that goal.  That was my favorite part of the day.

I never thought of myself as a desert person.  I don't like movies about the desert or about being trapped in snow.  But I like visiting the desert.  It is pretty in a way that other things aren't pretty.  Pretty in its own way.

Much like people.  We are all pretty in our own ways.  Some are pretty smart.  Others are pretty tall.  Some are pretty annoying.  Julia Roberts is Pretty Woman.  Roy Orbinson sang Pretty Woman pretty well. 

That's pretty much it.

No comments:

Post a Comment