Search This Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Mail

Strange as it may seem, I still hope for the best, even though the best, like an interesting piece of mail, so rarely arrives, and even when it does it can be lost so easily.
~ Lemony Snickett
- - - - -
I still hope for the best, too. I hope for the "Best Ever Post Card Writing" award.

Not really.  I made that up.  But if there was one, I wouldn't mind winning it.

People like to be the best at things. And people like other people to know the things we are good at.

On the way to Duquesne a few weeks ago, we were behind a car with one of those "26.2" stickers on it.  Leslie said, "Why do people have those?"

I said, "Ego?"

She said, "But that's like a 44 year old man wearing around his sash with all of his Boy Scout badges on it!"

She makes me laugh so hard sometimes.

And also, some guys do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment