Search This Blog

Monday, May 18, 2015

Strength

We acquire the strength we have overcome.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- - - - -

When you're with someone for a little while, you talk about all kinds of things. You talk about things like beliefs and interests and your past. Then you talk about the "what ifs." What if you had all the money you ever wanted? What if you could go anywhere you wanted for a vacation? What if you only had one book and one tool on a desert island? What if you found out someone plagiarized your creative work? What if you suddenly grew wings? What if you could become invisible?

Anyway, somehow Leslie and I got on the topic of what if we got into a fight - who would win? She said I would because I am stronger.  I said she would because she is a spy.

Leslie: Yes, but I wouldn't use those skills on you. We were trained not to use them on civilians.

Me: That is so not comforting.

What if I just decide not to ever get in a fight with her?

No comments:

Post a Comment