Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Nest

I saw a crow building a nest.  I was watching him very carefully.  I was sort of stalking him and he was aware of it.  And you know what they do when they become aware of someone stalking them when they build a nest, which is a very vulnerable place to be?  They build a decoy nest.  It's just for you.
~ Tom Waits
- - - - -

I think this is the day that Mimi and  Mike are getting married.  They like crows.  I know that this is not a photo of a crow's nest.  I'm pretty sure it's a robin's nest because that looks like a robin's egg.

My point is that they are getting married and they like crows.

Crows mate for life, I think.  Or maybe that's penguins.  Or maybe both.

But you know what, crows can mate for life and never get "married."  They don't need to abide by some document.  They know that they're committed to teach each other.  The crows rebel and "fight the man" by not getting some stupid piece of paper.

Plus, without opposable thumbs, crows couldn't sign the paper, anyway.

They couldn't even make a chickenscratch on it.

Because they're crows.

Happy marriage, Mimi and Mike.  You're both smart people, so I won't patronize you by articulating all of the many lessons in this blog.  You can do that. 

I'm busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment