Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Adventures

Adventure is worthwhile.
~ Aesop
- - - - -

The other day Leslie gave me a "luncheon entertainment events" schedule her mom had gotten somewhere. It is fabulous, amazing, and perfect. (I sound like my brother in that last sentence.)

The lineup includes an Italian tenor, a magician, a bell ringer, a Sinatra impersonator, a "nominated accordionist", and an "all American salute of patriotism song revue".

This is amazing and yet it also prompts a number of questions - the main one, in my mind, is for what was the accordionist nominated?

But wait! There's more!

In addition there are some day travel trips. One to see Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline imitators. Apparently celebrity singer impersonations are a hot ticked for the "I'll have my dinner at 4 p.m." group. 

But I think my favorite part is a visit to a museum. In order to go you "Must be able to climb 2 flights of stairs." This is written in all caps on the flier (as are the details about the Johnny and Patsy show). I refrained from using all caps because I'm not trying to writeyell at you.

But that's not my favorite part. My favorite part is this line: "Transportation probably provided."

I can't wait to be an oldster so I get opportunities (and fliers) like this all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment