Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Art?

Trash has given us an appetite for art.
~ Pauline Kael
- - - - -

So my vision for my blog is this: I have a few friends who read it now. Then about 60 or 70 years from now when I die my work gets "discovered." Then people think I'm all philosophical and insightful and creative. They read things into my work that I never intended - some good, some bad. But I never have to explain it and it can become what all creative work (in my opinion) should be - meaningful in the eye of the beholder.

And then they start making refrigerator magnets and repurposed beer can frames with quotes from me in them. And someone who matters to me who isn't dead yet gets to make a billion dollars off of all that stuff as well as the "tell-all" book about how I was such a genius and unbearable to be around.

Someone could write that book now, but then I'd have to make up stuff about them and then they'd have to make up more stuff about me and, well... I have some other stuff I was intending to do instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment