Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Juice


Most fruits, if left alone on the tree, eventually do ripen, especially if they're not being yelled at.
~ Firoozeh Dumas
- - - - -

Two nights ago I dreamt that I was at an event where Vice President-elect (at the time, today just regular "Vice President") Kamala Harris was speaking. At one point, I went up and thanked her for attending. She was very nice and when I asked if I could get her anything, she asked for some apple juice. 

A bit later I was talking with her again. She asked again - very patiently - if I could get her some apple juice. I apologized for forgetting and went to the kitchen. There was a woman standing in front of the open refrigerator just staring at things. I finally got around her, but could only find an apple juice box - not a bottle of juice or glasses. 

I grabbed the juice box and as VP Harris was leaving the building I approached. I was stopped by a very tall secret service person who told me to back away. I said, "But I have some apple juice for the Vice President. May I give it to her?" He said, "No." I said, "Are you sure?" He said, "Step aside."

I've been carrying that guilt with me for two days. Even if it had really happened, I doubt that not getting apple juice would be one of the top things on her mind today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment