Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2021

Bold

Act boldly and unforeseen forces will come to your aid.
~ Dorothea Brande
- - - - -

When I was in kindergarten - I know I've told this story before, but settle in and get ready to hear it again. Anyway, when I was in kindergarten we were coloring. I liked to push down really hard on the crayons because the colors were bolder when you did that.

My teacher, Miss Sassaman, took my picture and held it up. I was sure she was going to tell everyone what a good job I had done. Instead, she said, "This is NOT how you use your crayons!"

I'm not sure what unforeseen forces came to my aid, but that instilled in me something. I think it was not a hatred of educators though. I do that for a job now.

What I do NOT do, is hold up the pictures my graduate students have colored and tell the whole class that someone colored their picture wrong. Seriously, I've never done that once in any of my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment