Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Stores

Cease to inquire what the future has in store, and take as a gift whatever the day brings forth.
~ Horace
- - - - -

When I went to Target to get my COVID-19 shot, I saw a young woman (early 20s) pushing a cart with a toddler sitting in it. The woman was singing "I Say a Little Prayer." It was pretty sweet.

The moment I wake up
Before I put on my makeup
I say a little prayer for you...

[Later]

Forever and ever,
You'll stay in my heart and I will love you

That's really sweet, right? I like it. 

And then...

Forever and ever
We never will part...

[Later]

Together, forever
That's how it must be...

Um... I don't think that's what most kids want, Mom.

And if someone is wooing you with this song and it is someone by whom you do not wish to be wooed... Well, it gets creepier in the last stanza:

My darling, believe me
For me there is no one but you
Please love me too
Answer my prayer
Answer my prayer now babe
Say you love me too
Answer it right now babe
Answer it too

Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment