Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Barn

Living in a rural setting exposes you to so many marvelous things -- the natural world and the particular texture of small town life, and the exhilarating texture of open space.
~ Susan Orlean
- - - - - 

I come from rural people. I love the quiet and the dark darkness at night and the sounds that you get comfortable with even if you aren't sure what they are. I feel better when I get a chance to be in quiet places. To see dark darkness where it is dark enough to see most all the stars we are capable of seeing.

No. Wait. I'm thinking of Hollywood. That's where you can see most all the stars we are capable of seeing. 

No. I was right the first time. I'm thinking of other stars. I think the cities where the movie and TV stars are the places that have caused so much light pollution. In some ways it is the fault of our stars we can't see our stars. 

(pause)

You can quote me on that... though I don't see why you would want to.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment