Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Reading

If novelists know anything it's that individual citizens are internally plural: they have within them the full range of behavioral possibilities. ~ Zadie Smith
- - - - -

When something dramatic happens - especially if it is in a book or a movie or on TV - some people will say, "If that happened to me, I would just..." Then they provide some list of responses and ways that they would defend themselves or resolve the issue or whatever.

But you know what? I think until you are actually attacked my demons living in the earth around your home, you don't really know what you will actually do.

(pause)

I hope to never ever know what I will in that situation. 

(pause)

You know what I would do if that happened to me? I would move.

No comments:

Post a Comment