Search This Blog

Saturday, June 1, 2024

Mom



In the end, we'll all become stories.
~ Margaret Atwood
- - - - -

So, today is my mom's funeral. To be honest, though, it's kind of her second funeral. The weekend before she passed, Mom rallied. Jared said that because of all the conversations she got to have with friends and family, she kind of had the good parts of the funeral before the funeral. Mom got to say the things she wanted to and she got to hear what other people had to say about her. The people who loved her didn't wait until she was gone to share stories and laughter with each other. 

We should all learn something from this. We should learn to tell the people we love that we love them and to tell them that now. We should learn to make the time to spend the time in one another's company. We should learn to share and capture stories because we will lean on those in the long-term.

And, of course, as I share those stories with others, I will take significant creative license. That creativity is what drives me.

I'm so glad I passed my creative license driving test.

Love you, Mom.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment