Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

Painting

~ Pablo Picasso
-----
Dear Diary,

This weekend we painted the deck. Chris was oh so generous when she stated, "You know, Michelle, this isn't just a Chris / Elizabeth project. You're free to join us!"

Free to join them? Yes. Free to NOT join them? No.

It was pretty fun -- for the first two hours. The other eight hours got tedious.

Elizabeth worked very hard. I told her, "You know, I'm glad you're at an age where when you offer to help it really IS help and it isn't something that ends up working harder to fix your 'help.'"

As we were finishing, I tried to paint Chris into a trap, but she caught on before I could totally strand her in an ocean of wet redwood stain.

When we were done, Chris cleaned the gutters and blew crap all over the deck.
I mock her, but Chris did a great job prepping the deck so we could paint it. Even though she did that, however, I mock her.



No comments:

Post a Comment