Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Life

In life, as in art, the beautiful moves in curves.
~ Edward G. Buller-Lytton
- - - - -

Some people need a lot of structure. A LOT of structure. They use checklists and planners and accountability partners. If they teach, they plan class down to the minute. If they parent, they use their calendars and fill their calendars and live their lives by their calendars. They have short term goals and mid term goals and long term goals and lifetime goals.

I'm not really like that.

I like to leave room for the spontaneous. I like for there to be pauses and gaps so that creativity and innovation can claim them rather than regulation already dictating how those moments will be used.

I like more motion and curve in my day - round edges rather than blocks and boxes.

"Is it because you often just leave things to the last minute?" you might ask. "Is it because you are so disorganized you rarely know what you are doing?" you might ask. "Is it because you are totally winging it and just making crap up as you go?" you might ask.

"Don't you have a calendar and timeline and schedule you need to be attending to instead of asking me a bunch of questions?" I might respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment