Search This Blog

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Pranks




Nearly half a century ago, a series of events led 
to the creation of the most mysterious and grand displays of 
Elbert County's illustrious granite industry.
~ Rose Scoggins, Mark Wells, and Dawson Baker in the Special Issue of The Elberton Star, July 8, 2022
- - - - -

I don't know if it is true or not, but the story I have in my head about this monument is that Grady Albertson's friends donated this spire to Grady Albertson as a prank. He went home from work one night, and they had this set up at his place of work, and there wasn't a lot that Grady Albertson or anyone else could do about it.

(pause)

Okay. So I just did about one minute of research. I don't think what I thought was right. Sounds like Grady may have erected the Georgia Guidestones, which I got to see a few times before someone blew them up. He also made this, and I guess then his friends dedicated it to him.

This doesn't really go with the post I was going to write about my brother suggesting a joke we could play on my mom would be to sign her up for a retirement community.

That's the way life is. One moment you're thinking about pranking your parent, and the next moment you're thinking about people blowing up weird monument sites you've seen. I'm sure you've been there and can relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment