Search This Blog

Monday, April 3, 2023

Dreams

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask them where they're going and hook up with 'em later.
~ Mitch Hedberg
- - - - -

I had a dream last night. Well, the night before I am writing this entry. I was back in college and living in the residence halls. It wasn't my residence hall, and this floor was in the basement of a building. Anyway, everyone was getting ready to go out to parties to decide what sorority they wanted to join. I didn't want to go, but I felt pressured because everyone else was. Eventually, I decided not to go, and I was relieved I made that decision. 

Turned out no one really noticed or cared that I wasn't going, and there were a lot of other people who weren't going either. 

The lessons from this dream are thricefold:

First, it means I should trust my instincts and not feel compelled to go along with the crowd. Such has been the case for me for most of my life, so that works.

Second, we should worry less about what people think of us because they mostly don't.

Third, when they implode the residence halls you lived in, even in your dreams, you have to come up with someplace new to live.

Note: I know that thricefold is not a word, but maybe now that I've typed it, it will become a word and fall into common use.

No comments:

Post a Comment