Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Produce

Shall I not have intelligence with the earth?
Am I not partly leaves and vegetable mould myself?
~ Henry David Thoreau
- - - - -

There is a potato company that has an ad campaign right now about bribing your kid to eat her broccoli by giving her three french fries when she eats some of her vegetables. 

1. My parents would never have done this.
2. Why do we have to pay kids to do what they are supposed to do?
3. Do they really HAVE to eat broccoli? I get it if they won't eat any vegetables at all - maybe you have to get them to eat something vegetablish to get their nutrients. But if they hate broccoli, why force them to eat broccoli?

One time my grandma made something with tuna and something gelatinous in it. I don't know what it was. I didn't want to eat it. My dad made me eat it. It made me gag. I got in trouble for that. 

I still think my grandma should have gotten in trouble for making something with tuna and something gelatinous in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment