Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Typing

I like the sound a typewriter makes.
~ Paul Auster
- - - - -

I like the sound of a typewriter. I like the sound of a computer keyboard when someone is typing quickly. I like the sound of a pen on paper. I like the sound of people organizing their thoughts into words and then organizing their words into new ways of thinking and saying.

Then one time I got stung by a yellow jacket on the index finger of my left hand. I still liked the typing sounds, but I didn't like the feel of the typing on my finger.

(pause)

And, yes, if that is the worst thing in my life, I have a pretty good life.

(pause)

I really do have a pretty good life. 

(pause)

I think it's okay to have a good life and still not like being stung by yellow jackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment