Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Vacation

A vacation helps to relieve stress and boredom, gives us a change of scenery, provides us with adventure, and helps bring us closer to the people in our lives.
~ E. S. Woods
- - - - -

I took some vacation at the beginning of the fall term. I don't usually do that, but I had worked so hard and so much over the summer that I knew I needed it. One of the things I do while I'm on vacation is I work on my blog. On this particular trip, I took a few things with me to read through. Some were articles, some were quotes, some were notes I had made. Nearly all of them had to do with things to think about for my blog.

Anyway, one note was about a dustpan (see yesterday's post). However, on that same small piece of paper, I had written the following:

People who take time off
less stressed
more focused          Austria -- 
engaged                  38 days
creative
productive              US 1/4 0 days

I'm not sure the source of the notes. I also am not 100% sure what "US 1/4 0 days" means, although I think it meant that at the time of whatever I was listening to, at least 1/4 of the US workforce had not taken a vacation day in the past year. 

My point is, somewhere there is proof that taking this vacation was a good thing. 

That place is here. In my heart and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment