Search This Blog

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Restaurant

I wouldn't call being a chef gratifying in a lot of ways. 
It's an act of love.
~ Alex Guarnischelli
- - - - -

When I visited Maine last fall, I went to this restaurant in the basement of the house where I was staying. It was not really a very good restaurant. First, I ordered a chicken leg. My server brought me everything EXCEPT a chicken leg. And he wasn't wearing shoes. And he brought me the food in a shopping cart. That could have been a cute way to serve the food, but he just sort of threw everything into the cart.

I went ahead and tried the corn on the cob even though that wasn't what I had ordered. The first ear of corn was raw, so I sent it back. When it came back it was ridiculously hot and it scalded me. 

I'm afraid that despite the enthusiasm of the wait staff and the intriguing ambience of the restaurant itself, I cannot recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment