Search This Blog

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Thinking

To find yourself, think for yourself. 
~ Socrates
- - - - -

On a trip one time, I was trying to take the luggage cart from our hotel room to the car. Leslie said, "So, you put the luggage cart --"

"I THINK I CAN FIGURE OUT WHERE TO PUT A LUGGAGE CART," I stated angrily. I hate being micromanaged and told what to do. It goes way back to my childhood. I hate it. Just let me do what I'm doing or YOU do it so I don't have to. Don't tell me how to do everything.

Anyway, I stormed off with the cart. It was moments later I realized I was going in the wrong direction and ended up at the ice machines instead of the front door.

I think we both learned a valuable lesson from this. I learned I'm an idiot sometimes. Leslie learned - well, she also learned that I'm an idiot sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment