Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2022

Fog

You never realized how thick your fog was until it lifted.
J. R. Ward
- - - - -

The other day I was a bit down. I spent a lot of time on things that I should have spent just a little time on. I had set a lot of goals and had a lot of tasks on my to-do list the weekend before. I got nearly all of the things done, but hadn't had time to enjoy the accomplishments. I was the only one at home - Leslie was traveling and Lily was at daycare. 

None of that usually brings me down. I wasn't sure what was up.

Then I realized I'd been reading The Alienist. Although I found it to be a good book, it was not a happy book. It was not about happy things. It was not set in a time that was described as particularly happy. 

"Yes," I thought. "This book of gruesome murders is bringing you down. Perhaps you should take a break from it." And so I did. 

I put music on when I went to get Lily. "Laisse tomber les filles" by Frances Gall came on. I don't know the words and I don't know what the words mean and I don't know where I heard this song. What I do know is that it is a good song to listen to when you go pick up your dog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment