Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Spiders


Man did not weave the web of life.
He is merely a strand in it.
Whatever he does to the web,
He does to himself.
~ Chief Seattle
- - - - -

This past summer I saw a black widow in our garden box. It ran away, so I sat down and looked up black widows on my phone. All I can say is that the first full page of information was about the comic book character. I was mildly annoyed and inconvenienced.

But then I thought, "What if I had just been bitten? What if I was not sure what to do and I was looking up what to do about a black widow spider bite?!" 

Was I angry at Scarlett Johansson? No. Of course not. She doesn't control the internet. 

(pause)

Or DOES she? She DOES play Black Widow... and it IS called the WORLD WIDE WEB. 

Coincidence? Future lawsuit? Conspiracy?

Tune in next week when we don't solve this mystery because we've moved on to something completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment