Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Delicious

Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious,
~ Ruth Reichl
- - - - -

Overheard...

Kid: I said I wanted cheese on my sandwich.

Grandpa: There is cheese on your sandwich. Right there.

Kid: I don't like this cheese.

Grandma: Whattaya mean? It's Parmesan. It's baked right in the bread.

Grandpa: It's baked right in there. You eat that.

Kid: No. I don't like this. I don't like it at all.

Grandma: You're making a mountain out of a molehill. It's not the end of the world. You eat that.

Kid: . . . (maybe he took another bite or two. I didn't see for sure.) Okay. I'm full.

Grandma: You eat that. You eat half that sandwich and we'll save the rest.

Grandpa: It's not the end of the world. You'll like it okay.

Grandma: (apparently to Grandpa) At least he's not like Cicely.

Grandpa: She asked for HAM on her sandwich! HAM!!

Grandma: And any other time she would have only wanted vegetables. I should write that on my calendar. What a day.

Grandpa: HAM. Who would've imagined? A ham sandwich.

Kid: Okay. I'm really full now.

I just stared at him while I ate my box of doughnuts. 
(not really. I just didn't have a photo of a sandwich on parmesan cheese bread or a ham sandwich).

No comments:

Post a Comment