Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Anatole

I just got tired of playing parlor games.
~ Henry Rollins
- - - - -
Remember yesterday's blog post with this picture and this quote? Well, I wrote it and then realized it didn't end up where I intended it to. I still liked it enough to publish it, but now I'm going to include what I was originally going to write.

You know those ice breaker and team builder games where you have to stand in a circle and do a motion and then say something about yourself that starts with the same letter as your first name? Like Laughing Leslie or Lazy Lily? Well, I bet if you are an Anatole named Anatole that everyone always expects you to say "Annoyed Anatole" because of the look on your face and the fact that your name starts with "An". Instead, you might want to be Alluring Anatole or Ambidextrous Anatole, but people have already decided who you are. Also if people don't take the time to get to know you and you are a bit shy or stand-offish because of negative experiences with people in social settings in the past they might think you should be called "A**hole Anatole."

That's why I simultaneously hate ice breakers and also am glad I'm not named Anatole.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment