Search This Blog

Monday, August 2, 2021

Collaboration

 

Most great learning happens in groups. Collaboration is the stuff of growth.
~ Sir Ken Robinson
- - - - -

Ezra's birthday is today. He and I were having dinner the other night (along with a bunch of other people). I was asking him about his favorite foods. He listed a lot of them. I then was going to make up a joke about Spiderman's favorite foods (after Ezra's Uncle Mike gave him this Spiderman toy). 

Me: What is Spiderman's favorite food?

Ezra: (Thinking I was still asking about HIS favorite food) And French fries and ranch..."

Me: That's it! Ezra! What is Spiderman's favorite food?

Ezra: And pepperoni pizza--

Me: No, No. What is Spiderman--

Ezra: And chicken finge--

Me: No! Ezra - what is SPIDERMAN'S favorite food?

Ezra: Um... chicken fingers?

Me: NO. FRENCH FLIES AND RANCH!

Ezra: (blank stare)

Me: Get it?! He's a SPIDERman. So he eats flies - FRENCH flies. And ranch!

Ezra: ha.

Getting courtesy laughed by an almost four year old does NOT stifle my enthusiasm when I know we've come up with a great joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment