Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2022

Dogs


Singin' Joy to the World
All the boys and girls
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
Joy to You and Me
~ Three Dog Night
- - - - -

I was at the dog park the other day and two older women were there. One of them had a dog named "Brandy." The other woman said, "Wasn't there a song named 'Brandy'?" and she started singing the name "Brandy" to the tune of "Windy" by the Association. Then the other woman said, "No, that's not 'Brandy' - that's 'Misty,'" and she started to sing Misty to the tune of 'Windy." 

I waited for them to figure it out, but couldn't take it. I said, "You're thinking of "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) by Looking Glass and "Windy" by the Association." 

"Oh, yes!" they said at the same time. 

"Brandy, you're a fine girl. What a good wife, you would be, but bluh-blur-bumb-bum" one woman sang.

"Who's running through the streets of the city, duh - duh - SMILING at everybody she sees, hm-hm-hm-huh-hm - EVERYONE KNOWS IT'S WINDY!" sang the other.  

I wasn't sure if I was glad I helped them with their musical mysteries or not.

I still amn't sure.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment