Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Enemies

Enemies are so stimulating.
~ Katherine Hepburn
- - - - -

So I did a little research and if I understand things correctly:
  • An archenemy is one's primary enemy while an enemy is one of many regular enemies.
  • A nemesis leads to one's downfall and may or may not be a longstanding enemy - thus the word "archnemesis" is apparently also a word. I guess in that case you have a lot of nemeses who contribute to your downfall.
  • I have used the word "nemesis" incorrectly in the past as no one has - as of yet - led to my downfall.
  • Ultimately, I suspect I will be my own nemesis / archnemesis, though that remains to be seen.
I perhaps give matters like this a bit more thought than is really necessary when I could be doing other more productive things. However, I am simply trying to assist the many comic book artists and writers who will one day compose my biography.

I hope my superhero name is "Dr. Awesome," and my mild mannered identity name can just be my regular name. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment