Search This Blog

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Goat

The goat's business is none of the sheep's concern.
~ Edna Ferber
- - - - -

On one of my drives, I saw this goat with its head stuck. It had reached outside of the yard, I assume to get grass on the other side. It couldn't pull its head back in because the horns were caught.

I saw it and knew something looked strange since the other goats were all gathered in the shade. Once I realized what had happened, I parked by the side of the road, got out and helped the goat get free of the fence.

I doubt that the goat ever thinks about me. I think about the goat sometimes, though. 

We focus maybe too much on being thankful for people who help us and maybe not enough on being thankful for those who let us help them. Both are gifts. 

Maybe not as good a gift as a really good pen or - wait. Get it? A really good pen. I was thinking of a pen to write with, but it could also mean a really good goat pen.

Thus concludes this post.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment