Search This Blog

Sunday, January 7, 2024

Non-Jagoff

Jagoff or jag-off is an American English derogatory slang term from Pittsburghese, meaning a person who is a jerk, stupid, or inept.
~ Wikipedia
- - - - -

It is good to try and not be a jerk, stupid, or inept. However, it is also good to be nice, say kind things, and not go negative all the time. These things overlap. Another way to think about this is, "If you can't say something nice about others, say something nice about yourself." My friend Myles said that this was his takeaway after my comments at the awards section of the conference. I was happy to give the award I had won the previous year to a friend and colleague. I was also happy to tell everyone how prestigious the award is and that I was proof of that prestige.

I'm pretty sure everyone loved my brilliant comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment