Search This Blog

Friday, August 21, 2026

Garage

I sat in a garage and invented the future.
~ Steve Jobs
- - - - -

Last December we got new garage doors. The light on my side hadn't worked for months and then the door on my side started popping out of the track. We were able to fix it a couple of times, but finally decided that we needed to replace the doors. 

I had looked online to try and fix the light when it first quit working and I found a model by the same name from 1974. There wasn't a manual online. The garage door guy said that since our doors didn't have sensors they had to be older than 1993 or 1994 when those were first required for garage doors.

Leslie thought I was weird for being so excited about the garage doors, but I was. I love them. They look nice and they work. But I reflected some more on why I was so excited and why she didn't think it was a big deal. I realized she didn't care that much because her door didn't pop off the tracks on the light on her side never quit working

Sheesh, Leslie.

No comments:

Post a Comment